[luau] Saving in /home

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Sep 30 08:25:00 PDT 2003

netatalk itself is just as scarey!

ACL info here: http://acl.bestbits.at/

the utilities are in the RPM called "acl".

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Sent by:        luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
To:     luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
cc:
Subject:        Re: [luau] Saving in /home

Also remember that the umask for netatalk needs to be set.  I don't know
how to do this for the /home directories though...

Making all home directories 777 really makes me nervous.  It might work
for a school like Liholiho, but otherwise it is a disaster waiting to
happen.  We really need to fix netatalk and get a proper ACL filesystem
working on your server in order to do the job "right".

For now though, I disabled the nightly cron script that "fixes"
permissions within /home.

Warren