[luau] HOSEF presence

R.Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sat Sep 27 07:17:00 PDT 2003

Keith,

I am not familiar with any Linux users on Maui.  I am sure that there
are some, but I don't know whether or not they are lurking on this
list.  We would love for you to be our Maui contact.  Calling on
schools and charities to offer computers and help would be a great way
for you to meet people and build a network of contacts.  It would be a
great way for us to get some computers to Maui.  So, we have no
official Maui presence and we would love for you to get involved to
help establish one.  Let us know when you are here.

--scott

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:18 PM, Keith wrote:

> As the time for my relocation to HI approaches (T - 3 weeks), I must
> ask: What is HOSEF's presence on islands other than Oahu?  More
> specifically, is there a contact on Maui?  If not, is there any desire
> to have a contact on Maui?  Obviously Maui is much more rural and laid
> back compared to the hustle and bustle of Honolulu but there must be
> some degree of computing need that HOSEF could address.  :)
>
> Regards,
> krjw.
> --
> Keith R. John Warno                  [k r j w  at  optonline dot net]
> "After  living  in  New  York,  you trust  nobody,  but  you  believe
> everything.  Just in case."
>        -- anonymous

R. Scott Belford
Founder/Chair/Treasurer
The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation
P.O. Box 392
Kailua, HI 96734
808.230.8845
scott at hosef.org