[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

Dwight dwight at aikanaka.com
Mon Sep 22 18:09:00 PDT 2003

Yes, your figures are completely theoretical.  Most businesses purchase new
computers every three years (or at least, from my experience...that's what
we did), since the generally accepted standard for depreciation on hardware
is three years.  Usually the old stuff gets migrated to the edges of the
organization while the new stuff goes to the PHBs.

I don't believe the DOE purchases 2K new computers every year.

Don't think you can count military in this as they are already recycling
their excess to HOSEF as well as other organizations (i.e., schools).

You'll probably need to dig up accurate numbers for your presentation to
Rep. Marumoto, or at least provide solid reasoning for your estimates.

Dwight...