[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon Sep 22 00:28:00 PDT 2003

Warren-

As I am sure you are aware, most KM266 based boards are configured to be
network-bootable.  Have you had any real life success story in using a
KM266 system (e.g., ShuttleX SK41G or MSI 6252) as a thin client?

The reason I mentioned this is that, b/c of the salty air and lack of
air-conditioning in many homes and buildings, our hardware deteriorates
faster than typically in the mainland.  It is a noble idea to make the
best use of outdated computers, but some thoughts probably should be
given to utilizing new but cheap thin clients.

Wayne