[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Sep 21 02:19:00 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 01:33, Nakashima wrote:
> Yesterday, I met with rep Marumoto about how Linux could save the state
> megabucks, enhance the local economy, and deal with the landfill
> problem. She was very interested and asked for another meeting so she
> could include computer savvy people on her staff. I mentioned that some
> HOSEF people might be interested also. Anyone?

I am interested in presenting the following points to a small group,
which I believe would be effective for this target audience:

* Hands on demo of the lab at Liholiho
* How the Open Source development model works.
* Open Source business model is service based rather than product
based.  Show large successes in certain industries and foreign
countries.
* Open Source Software means less money exported to mainland in the form
of software licensing, more money to reinvest in Hawaii.
* Long term: Reinvest money in local service and local developers,
reduce brain-drain and add to Hawaii tech jobs.

I am guessing they would want to visit during a workday, and not an
evening or weekend?  My weekdays are filled with classes at the
University except Thursday where I have the morning free until my 1:30PM
class.  Otherwise I can do any evening or weekend, but please give me at
least a week advanced notice.  Please discuss this via direct e-mail.

Warren