[luau] Collaborative Tools on thin clients

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Sat Sep 20 11:05:01 PDT 2003

Aloha,

I have a new job where we are using thin clients (Sun Rays) to replace
desktops.  We have found solutions for almost everything except several of
our users need Netmeeting like functionality.  Has anyone had any luck
getting ANY of these types of systems working in a thin client enviorment?
The problem is when the server connects for the first meeting it binds to a
port and it seems that every thin client wants to use the same port, so
only one client can use the system at a time.  With the Sun Rays we can't
run applications on the client so everything has to run on the server.  Any
ideas or input would be helpful.

Mahalo,
Dusty