[luau] Help with LTSP at McKinley

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Wed Sep 10 21:07:01 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I need help with LTSP at McKinley. I've been furiously working to get LTSP
working and run our windows program call The Rosetta Stone. This program
helps to teach English to those that use English as a Second Language.

So far I've got LTSP 3.1.1 working and thin clients to boot from it.
Installed, compiled and tweaked WINE so that it works perfectly as a
standalone. No hiccups, no problems, no bumps. It just works.

What I need help with is:
 - getting the sound working on the thin clients
 - getting The Rosetta Stone working on the thin clients
 - find out how many thin clients can use the Rosetta Stone before it slows
down the server

I think if we can get the sound working then it will fix the problem with
the Rosetta Stone on the clients. It dies as soon as it hits the part where
it should start playing sound.

I'll be on campus this Friday all day and Saturday afternoon. I'd
appreciate any time you can spare to help me get this working. Please call
or email me before you come so I can make time to be there with you.

Thank you.

Michael Bishop
Technology Coordinator
McKinley Community School for Adults