[luau] HOSEF activities

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sat Sep 6 09:52:00 PDT 2003

We have a few things going on in the upcoming workshops at the Stadium
Marketplace Pricebusters, and you are invited if you would like to help:

- Today and Monday we are setting up and testing 4 stations for shipment
to the Big Island

- We have been and will continue to set aside, prepare, and test some
lower-end, pci-based pc's that failed to perform as thin-clients in our
testing.  These will be given away in a build-your-own firewall class in
the coming weeks.

- We have about 100 pc's that have nearly reached their final objective
of being Memtested for a good power supply, memory and motherboard
integrity, and appropriate image to boot from the floppy as a thin
client.  Some of the machines need some hardware tweaking.  All of them
have been labeled, but we could really use help inventorying what is
where.

- We have a lot to give away, and inventorying this "stuff" is an ugly
but critical task.  Little be little it is whittled away at, but, ...

- On Monday I will be renting a large truck for a pickup from our valued
friends at the Hickam Air Force Base, (go Air Force).  We will be
instantly behind, again, as we wade through and identify these gifts.
Most are supposed to be PIII systems, so it will be some wealthy wading.

Twice a week we "turn the wheel of renovation" at our workshop, and
wheel turners are always welcome and certainly needed.  All that we do
is done by volunteers, and the more the merrier.  Come join us when you
have time, and keep up with us on the evolving calendar at www.hosef.org

--scott