[luau] HOSEF comes to the Big Island

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sat Sep 6 09:38:00 PDT 2003

I received a call this week from the Waldorf Schools on the Big Island.
In summary, they are interested in setting up Open Source labs within
their growing school system.  They are equally interested in producing
educational videos and burning them to DVD.  We are able to help with
the first, I know little about the second.

In today's workshop we will be prepping 4 pc's for shipment to them.
The offer has been put forward to fly a HOSEF volunteer there to set up
the computers and to provide some support and insight.  I proposed that
we first try to find a volunteer on the Big Island to save the travel
expense for the school.  Over time they are looking at setting up LTS
labs and stand-alone stations.

Is there a Big Island resident capable and willing to help?

Any insight any of you may have about Open Source video editing and
dvd-burning software would be much appreciated by the school.

--scott
--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/chair/Treasurer
scott at hosef.org

success without humility is just an indulgence in arrogance