[luau] Hotmail Users - Read This

Tom Hackett hackett at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 5 00:51:01 PDT 2003

Hi Warren,

I know I haven't been that active on the mailing list recently but I've
been catching up tonight, reading through all the messages that look
interesting.
I noticed you suggested http://www.fastmail.fm/ for free email.  They
seem really good from what their website says.  I like that they offer
accounts for just a one time fee and you get your own sub-domain!  Also
they have IMAP over SSL access, which is what I always look for.
I actually was looking for a free email service a while back and
eventually found myrealbox.com after a long time spent of searching on
the web.  myrealbox.com also offers web mail and POP and IMAP, and also
supports connections over SSL.  It's really supposed to be a
demonstration of what Novell's NetMail software can do for business
that want to setup their own email server.  I'm generally pleased with
it.  The only reason I bring it up is because there are some limits I
noticed for fastmail.fm's free account where you're not supposed to
exceed 40MB/month of email transfer which seemed odd, and you're not
supposed to use the free account for business.  I don't know for sure
but I don't think myrealbox.com has anything like that.  I just wanted
to let you know about another free email service that seems pretty
good.  Thanks for letting me know about fastmail.fm I might give them a
try sometime in the future.

- Tom