[luau] My teacher let me this project!!!

Keith krjw at optonline.net
Wed Sep 3 14:11:01 PDT 2003

* Felipe Vegan <manuelf at latelarana.com.mx> [03/09/2003 2001EDT]:
> Hola people, how are you??My name is Felipe and I'm From Tijuana,
> Mexico:-) Well this past monday my teacher let me a project but i
> don't know how to do it :-(.  He saw somewhere that, you can connect
> together like 2 or more PC's with old CPU's like pentium I, celeron,
> pentiun  pro, ect. And With this make 1 PC's more powerfull that a
> Pentium IV. So he told me that I have to find out how to do it, but I
> don't have any idea how to do it ;-(.  I read in the LINUX JOURNAL
> from July 2003 that "In Johnson Space Center in Houston they replace a
> SGI mainframe by a cluster of 12 PC's running Red Had Linux", So this
> is something similar??? And if there is how can I do this???And Of
> course how can I do it in Linux??  So like can you see I'm desperate,
> can anyone help me????  felipe

Hola.   Como estas?  :)

Linux clustering has been done for quite a long time now.  Check out
beowulf: http://www.scyld.com/  I'm sure there are similar projects out
there, too.

Good luck!
krjw.
--
Keith R. John Warno                  [k r j w  at  optonline dot net]
Isn't it time we care and lose the hate\ Understand our fears