[luau] Two computers working as one

Jan Daniel Semrau jsemrau at campus.hpu.edu
Thu Oct 30 08:00:02 PST 2003

If you want to set that up, you should have a look at
Clusterknoppix, which does clustering in a convenient and
easy way. Moreover, it is AFAIR based on openMosix, so
every application potentially benefits from the clustering as it is a
Kernel extension instead of Cluster software like
Beowulf or Globus where applications need to be created for.
In my opinion, you should not just jump on the clustering bandwagon as
there are some drawbacks and pitfalls included.
For example a 10MBit network can be a bottleneck.

Hope it helps, Jan