[luau] applying patches to RH kernels, RH and 2.6 kernel

Lou Rickard lou_rickard at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 15:26:00 PDT 2003

Specifically, I'm trying to patch the 2.4.20-20.8
kernel with rml's preemptible kernel patch, but it's
failing.  I've tried going through and fixing the
errored lines by hand, but no luck.  And now I'm
trying to find or figure out a methodical way of
creating of doing this.  Any ideas?  I haven't been
able to find anything yet.
If someone could recommend a way for doing this, I'd
be much obliged.  It's very frustrating.

Also, any ideas when there might be a RH version of
the 2.6 kernel (which I think has the preemptive stuff
built in)?  Is this something that might be endangered
by the recent decision to combine RH workstation with
Fedora?

lr