[luau] Slashdot: Multiple Monitors Increase Productivity

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Oct 9 06:37:01 PDT 2003

Or you can cut your chances of getting cancer in half by sticking to your
trusty desktop switcher :)  The only employers I know that bust the bling
for dual display are game developers and graphics artists.  I always have
less monitors than I do computers because extra monitors are wasteful and
expensive.  It's like buying an SUV; my old crt will always look better
than your new dual flat-panel.

Besides, I bet the employee satisfaction from having two monitors alone
probably attributes to the the 10%, yes, only 10% increased productivity.
I can get more productivity by increasing wages, benefits or attending to
cultural and social agendas and needs!  I don't need a study to tell me
that either, although i'm sure they've been done many times.

Usually studies that show such a small variation in performance and have
commercial contributors [NEC] are found to be false.

Tom

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Sent by:        luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu