[luau] Back up script (was Nextup, back up)

Wayne Bow sysadmin at stfrancis-oahu.org
Wed Oct 8 09:53:01 PDT 2003

Aloha,

I've a question regarding the backup script.

> #!/bin/sh
> # full and incremental backup script
> # created 07 February 2000
> # Based on a script by Daniel O'Callaghan <danny at freebsd.org>
> # and modified by Gerhard Mourani <gmourani at videotron.ca>
>
> # Change the 5 variables below to fit your computer/backup
>
> COMPUTER=liholiho-ltsp1                 # name of this computer
> DIRECTORIES="/home"                     # directoris to backup

I have multiple directories I'd like to backup. What is the correct
way to specify them?
I'm trying:
DIRECTORIES="/var/webcalng /var/www /var/configfiles"

in hope it will backup the three directories;  /var/webcalng,
/var/www, and /var/configfiles.

Is this the correct way to handle it?

Mahalo!
Wayne Bow
Network Administrator
St Francis School                   (808) 988.4111 ext 107
"Quality Catholic Education in a Spirit of Joy"