[luau] Next up, back up

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Oct 7 09:38:00 PDT 2003

oh, tarballing is the process of taking files/directories and balling them
up in one file (tar) and the compressing them (usually gzip)

this can be all done with a single command to tar.  this is the file you
normally see when you download source code from the internet (.tar.gz)

> tar also maintains the uid/gid and permission information <

Here.  Read this.  It's quiet colorful.  I got it off google:

http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/994016279/index_html

Tom

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Sent by:        luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu