[luau] ultra ata 100 okay?

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Oct 2 08:02:00 PDT 2003

knowing the make & model of your current controller will be plenty enough
to answer that question.  that can be found out by knowing the make &
model of the motherboard, if it is integrated.  and that can be found out
by writing down the numbers on the boot init /mem test screen and googling
it.

you also won't be getting the same kind of performance as you would in
windows becuase RH9 uses concervative settings (compared to windows) so
tweaking hdparms in single-user mode is a must.  google is your friend
there too.

i hope this helps

tom

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu