[luau] Open Office Malahini

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Mon Nov 3 08:24:01 PST 2003

The wonderful thing about gvim/vim/vi is that it has over 150 syntax
scripts as listed on the site below.

http://www.vim.org/scripts/script_search_results.php?keywords=&script_type=syntax&order_by=rating&direction=descending&search=search

According to this command Red Hat's vim-common package comes with 343
syntax files!! !! !!

[memeyou at Gumby syntax]$ rpm -ql vim-common|grep -c syntax
343

vi always was and always will be _the_ programmer's text editor.

Tom

The neat thing about it is you can tell it what language you are coding in
(a list of about 20,ranging from Ada to XML) and it highlights everything
according to the syntax rules for the language. I do most of my perl with
it.