[luau] Open Office Malahini

Ben Timmerman btimmerm at hawaii.edu
Sat Nov 1 21:01:05 PST 2003

I've been real silent on this list since being very stupid a while back
concerning list etiquette but in the last couple days have gotten my
first exposure to Open Office and need someone's imput.

Two questions:
First, which of the Open Office utilites is the one to code in?  I'm
coding some Java and my first stab has me using the *.sxw file format
which apparently includes some unnecessary formatting that the compiler
wrinkles it's nose at.

Finally, What is the best hard copy reference for the Open Office
Suite?  I know we're supposed to be "online" oriented but I find myself
more and more looking forward to reading a physical text from time to
time.  Thanx, Ben Timmerman