[luau] the end user price for lousy copy protection schemes

Luis aka Rigpa rigpa108 at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 12:49:00 PDT 2003

I have seen numbers thrown around of how much buggy software costs end
users.  But one number I have never seen is how much copyright protection
schemes costs end users?  For example, you legally buy some commercial
software package and the key number is ether lost, stolen, or is burned on a
fire.  Or the key number has problems, or a bug requires you to re-enter the
key number every time you use the package, or the 'original disk' is in
5.24" floppies, or the lisense management sheme is difficult to set up.

How much does it costs the end user to have to deal with with all the crap
associated with copy protection?  I bet that's an good selling point for
OpenSource, because if there is one thing that pisses me off is not being
able to run a software I paid for because of some chessy copy protection
scheme.

Luis.