[luau] new case for Videl

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Mon May 26 07:44:00 PDT 2003

I am prepared to purchase the case and the needed hardware to make videl
a rack-mount server at UH.  I am ready to proceed with this.  I am ready
for HOSEF to replace Doug's personal computer that is serving as our
mirror at OCEANIC.

For those of you who don't know. Videl is a hobbled together machine
Warren pieced together with some donated parts that, while rock-solid,
takes a lot of space with our kind hosts at UH.  Buying a rack will
alleviate the space issues.  It will probably allow us to add another
drive and perhaps a faster mobo/processor.

At Oceanic we have the opportunity to use a very fast connection
courtesy of Doug S.  We receive the machine and the connection from
Doug.  It is his personal machine.  With our new round of donated
hardware, we now have the resources to replace it.

HOSEF was created as a charitable back-end for our Linux/Open Source
initiatives.  It is the sponsor of this list and any other willing Linux
initiatives.  Rather than depending on a few individuals to maintain the
core operations, HOSEF creates the opportunity for you to have a say.
If nothing else, our website leaves you with the opportunity to make a
donation to the cause.  As a volunteer organization, *everything* goes
to the movement.

scott