[luau] SUSE 8.2 & Apache

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Sun May 25 22:54:00 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 05:59:44PM -0700, Rodney Kanno wrote:
> I have all the neccessary packages installed, but when I try to
> access the webserver through 127.0.0.1  or my IP address, I get
> an error message saying "Could not connect to host 127.0.0.1".

Just because a package is installed does not mean the service is
running. Look in /etc/init.d and try to stop/start apache/httpd
from there. If that does not work, dig into the httpd error logs
for clues. SuSE is not a distribution I try to stay current with,
so if you need further help, someone else will have to chime in.

-Vince