[luau] Earthlink vs RoadRunner cable

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Sat May 24 14:12:01 PDT 2003

Hi Warren,

I selected Earthlink over "regular" RoadRunner because the terms of
service didn't forbid using the connection with more than one computer,
and were free from various other onerous restrictions that Oceanic's TOS
included.  The service was installed, billed,  and setup through Oceanic
- I perceive it to be identical to RoadRunner.  I also have use of
Earthlink's dial-up access points when I travel, which is a nice extra.
I have a linux box running dhcp on the RoadRunner NIC that shares the
link with my other PCs.  Effortless to set up.  A ping test just yielded
an average of 12ms to Videl.

-Jeff