[luau] HOSEF Workshop

Jan Daniel Semrau jsemrau at campus.hpu.edu
Sat May 24 10:05:01 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

I would really love to fly over to you guys to check things out, but I
right now Hawaii is too far away :-(
However, I am currently planning to reuse some of my old boxen to use
them as terminal clients. I already downloaded the ltsp documentation.
And that seems to be pretty straight forward. Is it possible to use an
LSTP setup to view Video, stream mp3, use Open Office, Gimp, or Blender
on those machines?  Any recommendations about Distributions?  What
computing/memory power in needed on the client and the server side? Do
the mentioned Linksys cards in the documentation work with VIA Epia
boards (I love mini-itx) ? O.k. I am losing my focus...dreaming of a
whole house of nifty Mini-ITX mods with flashy TFT's :-) Oh, wait in
reality its 15'' CRT's and 486en's.

Anyways would love to hear from you guys.

Cheers, Dan