[luau] Kernel Gurus: Procfs question

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Thu May 22 18:06:00 PDT 2003

This is mostly addressed to kernel hackers, and may therefore be more
appropriate to a list such as LKML, but I figured I'd ask here before bothering
them with such a simple question (that no doubt is answered in numerous places
if I were to actually google).

The question is: is it possible to create a proc entry specifying the uid/gid
owner of the resulting file.  create_proc_entry allows for specifying the
permissions of the file, but not a uid/gid owner.  Being able to specify all
three would be a very big help in this case.

A cursory paging through the source for procfs doesn't reveal anything useful,
but I'm not very familiar with the kernel source tree so it is quite possible
that I missed somethign entirely.

--MonMotha