[luau] Law stuff advice

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue May 20 09:35:01 PDT 2003

Perhaps a bad analogy. Basically what I am tring to say is while it may
hurt the company briefly by having the server removed. Its the companies
fault for letting him use his own server for company use.

I agree that he is in his right to rip out the server. However this is a
small community and it doesn't do any good to make more enemies then
necessary.

I feel that it would have been better to work it out with the company to
have it replaced ASAP. Get it in writing and if they don't hold up their
end. Have the tables turned by getting the HPD to help him remove equipment
rightfully his.

I hope the company comes to their senses and stops all the stupidity. Which
reminds me of Hanlons Razor. "Never attribute to malice that which is
adequately explained by stupidity."

yuser <yuser at hi.net>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on 05/19/2003 05:07:35 PM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

Sent by:    luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

To:    luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
cc:

Subject:    Re: [luau] Law stuff advice

On 17 May 2003 at 18:09, Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.h wrote:

> It would be like a programmer taking the
> part of the program that they coded when they leave the company.

Not the same thing.  If your job is programming you are being paid to
create programs for the company.  Using your own physical equipment
is different.  I can take my pencil to work and it is still mine at
the end of the day, the documents the company pays me to create with
that pencil are thiers.  This company was obviously very short-
sighted by not seeing the need to order their own pencils.