[luau] News - Sue Me? Sue You? SCO, Linux & Unix

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon May 19 13:41:01 PDT 2003

Newsforge summary of SCO's shenanigans.  Oh my.

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/05/18/2214204.shtml?tid=3
Sue Me? Sue You? SCO, Linux & Unix

On May 12, 2003,  SCO  tried to  break all ties with its Linux past  and
declared war on the entire Linux community. Specifically, underneath the
legal language, SCO claims Linux includes Unix code stolen, or directly
developed, from their SCO Unix code. "Therefore legal liability that may
arise from the Linux development process may also rest with the end
user." Therefore, "Similar to analogous efforts underway in the music
industry, we are prepared to take all actions necessary to stop the
ongoing violation of our intellectual property or other rights."

(continued in article)