[luau] St. John Status

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Thu May 8 08:10:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 00:52, Warren Togami wrote:
> A few days ago I spoke with Sister Mary Lou (sp?) at St. John the
> Baptist School.  They had been using the half configured LTSP lab for
> the past few months with no support from us.  Their school year is
> ending soon and nobody will be using the LTSP lab until Fall when school
> begins again, so there would be little sense polishing up their lab now.
>
> My new plan is to go in and reinstall their server with the latest
> software + educational apps & games during July, and August before
> school starts we can go in and have training sessions with the
> teachers.  July should also give me more time to have the LTSP packages
> polished and in the Fedora tree.
>
> Warren Togami
> warren at togami.com

Luau,

	Our lug here in Alaska is going to incorporate as a non-profit and they
were looking for some projects to start trying to make inroads to local
businesses and others. I mentioned to them about what LUAU is doing with
their LTSP project for the schools and they were very interested and
wanted to try and follow what LUAU was doing but up here. Other than the
mailing list, is there some documentation on what exactly Luau is doing
to connect the schools i.e. apps, hardware, design?

	Any info would be appreciated and if we do start to get it going and
start to actually make those inroads would Luau be interested in being
kept up to date on our progress up here?

	Which brings me to another idea I had. I was thinking that the LUG
presidents from say AK, CA, HI, OR and WA(the northwest chapter) should
be in contact with each other. This way instead of our respective LUGs
being small satelites we could become a powerful force. One thing we
could accomplish with this would be to have a large lobbying force to
prevent these horrible laws that are trying to be passed.
--
Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar.net>