[luau] Training Class - Samba Server Overview, May 5th 2003

TB tburns at despammed.com
Fri May 2 09:40:02 PDT 2003

I just tried to register, and they said the course was
cancelled. They did not ask to take my phone number in
case 1000 other people tried to register at the last
minute like me. I'm a bit annoyed with PCATT. At least
I waited long enough that they didn't charge my credit
card & then have to refund (I've had problems with
them before). But maybe if I'd registered earlier the
class would not have been cancelled?

Hey Vince, want to come over to my lab & make it a one
student class?

TB

http://www.pcatt.org/pcatt/schedule/operatingSystems.html

> Training Class: Samba Server Overview
> Location: Honolulu Community College, 5th floor
> When: May 5 - 7, 2003; Monday and Wednesday; 5:30 -
8:30 pm; 2 mtgs
> Instructor: Vince Hoang
> Prerequisite: Linux or Unix knowledge
> Cost: $185

> Samba Server is the Unix equivalent to Windows
Domain, File & Print
> services.  Samba used in combination with other Open
Source server
> components is a cost effective and reliable
alternative for
> cross-platform network servers.
>
> This Samba Overview class will cover the range of
service capabilities
> possible with Samba server.  Course topics will be
covered as time
> permits.  These topics include:
>
> * File/Print shares for Windows networks
> * Windows domains (accounts and home directories)
> * Unlimited client access licenses at no cost
> * Integration with Linux/Unix and MacOS clients and
servers