[luau] Personal Touch (was anyone know of a good computer repair place?)

Robert Green aloha_moon at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 09:49:01 PST 2003

An off-list buddy just got a Dell laptop that has a similar symptom,
and he said that this particular model is notorious for eating fans.

It sounds like its a likely culprit in this case, too... and a lot
easier and cheaper to fix, probably a D-I-Y job once you find the
right replacement fan...

--- Ray Strode <halfline at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> >1) Whirring sound (like a fan) when running which
> >wasn't the case when things were fine and beautiful.
> >The sound will sometimes kick into high gear and that
> >is the system's signal that it is about to crash.
> >
> If a walks like a duck.... :-)  It probably is a fan.

<snip>