[luau] Linux Email Host-Off topic maybe

Garcia, Nelson C Nelson.C.Garcia at baesystems.com
Fri Mar 7 07:03:00 PST 2003

V,
you might want to setup your own webmail hosting service.
Even if all you have is a dynamic IP, there are dynamic DNS providers that
will host your domain.
I used to run a Postfix/IMAP on a server running squirrelmail
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/index.php) for web interface. I also tried
Postaci, IMP, NOCC, and other webmail programs but I liked Squirrelmail the
best.
If you run IMAP, your users can create their own folders on the server. Some
webmail programs let you simulate IMAP behavior with a database backend such
as MySQL, some even support virtual domains.

Hope that helps,

Nelson C. Garcia
BAE Systems Applied Technologies Inc.
nelson.c.garcia at baesystems.com