[luau] Think Tech Hawaii radio show 3-5

Maddog maddog at headavymetalradio.net
Wed Mar 5 12:57:00 PST 2003

Hey all,

Tonights show is on the Judiciary and their efforts to upgrade their Case
Management and Electronic Case Filing System. It is a large undertaking both
financially and time wise. The contractor selected to perform the work is
ACS. That's right! The van cam folks. Makes you wonder about how the state
got off so cheaply for the cams and if contracts like this had anything to
do with that.

Anyway, I am up front with coverage of all the news that Open Source and
Linux In particular received last week. I plan to make this a continuing
investigation into the monetary and business value that open source brings
to the table. I will be hilighting subjects such as IBM, Dell, HP and the
many more that are supporting Linux and Open Source. The Fact that 39% of
Large Corporations are now using Linux and that the State of hawaii saved
$200,000 of taxpayer money using open source software.

Tune in tonight 5-6 p.m. on 89.3 FM KIPO or from the web at
www.hawaiipublicradio.org there are 2 streams, one in Real and one in
Quicktime.

I also transcribed my piece complete with links to articles on the Thinktech
homepage.

Devon, if you are still interested in writing articles on Linux and open
source I am happy to collaborate with you.

Don