[luau] learning the hardware end

cpaul at telemetrybox.org cpaul at telemetrybox.org
Tue Mar 4 20:47:00 PST 2003

> Specifically regarding embedded Linux systems, we could get
> together and discuss it, but given a target audience of public
> schools, I am very unclear how such a technology can be
> effectively applied to old hardware.

Hmm, I kind of understand the general gist of the idea.  Small (fits on a CD, can run in 30megs of RAM - and a OS optimized for the application(s) at hand.

mais- I am not sure if execute-in-place, busybox or most of the other 'embedded' Linux technologies are really needed.

"terminal" boxen would probably just need X11 + bash (python!), and configs for the network to do the rest of the setup...

some thoughts,
charles