[luau] Idea For Gaining More Volunteer Support

demon_jr808 demon_jr808 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:11:00 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone approached the various community colleges or the University of
Hawaii, in regards to finding people who want to help out with HOSEF or just
learn more about Linux/Open Source?

Being a student at LCC, I had the opportunity to approach one of the
computer science faculty. I was able to mention the opportunity is available
for people who are interested in learning more about Linux and computers in
general, to come down and volunteer for HOSEF at Pricebusters. He appeared
to be somewhat interested in the idea and mentioned that LCC had a Computer
Science Club that was currently searching for "computer-related" activities.

Based on this brief meeting, I am assuming that there are possibly other
such clubs and organizations at the various schools, that are looking for a
chance to learn more about "computers" and perhaps help out the community as
well.

Perhaps flyers could be made and posted at the various campuses, as well as
making contact with the various department "heads" about setting up some
kind of "internship" program where students could come and volunteer for
HOSEF.

Just throwing out some ideas.