[luau] Red Hat Distro on DVD?

Matt Darnell mdarnell at servpac.com
Sat Jun 28 14:46:01 PDT 2003

> RH9 --  Network cards
>
> 3COM -- 3C905/B/C; D-Link -- DFE-530/+; Realtek -- RTL8029, RTL8139,
> RTL8139C+, RTL8169; IntelÑEtherExpress Pro 100/1000; Netgear -- FA310TX,
> FA311TX; Linksys -- LNE100TX; Silicon Integrated Systems -- SiS900;
> Intel -- DE4x5/Tulip series; GigE -- Broadcom Tigon3, Intel e1000,
> NatSemi NS83820, Realtek RTL8169 VIA - Rhine
>

> FYI: Red Hat Linux Hardware Compatibility List at
> http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/
>
> The below info pertains to booting from floppies to perform an install:
>
> Red Hat Linux 9 uses a different boot diskette layout than previous
releases of Red Hat Linux. There is now a single boot
> diskette image file (bootdisk.img) that is used to boot all systems
requiring a boot diskette.

> If you are performing anything other than an installation from an IDE or
USB device, you will be asked to insert a driver diskette created
> from one of the following image files:
>
> - drvnet.img - For network installations
>
> - drvblock.img - For SCSI installations
>
> - pcmciadd.img - For PCMCIA installations
>
> As with previous releases of Red Hat Linux, these image files can be found
in the images/ directory on the first installation CD.

Steve,

I must have misreas the instructions!   After finding rawrite to make the
boot disk I was trying to use the maufacture's driver disk when it askes for
a disk!

Thanks,
Matt