[luau] Red Hat Distro on DVD?

Steve Anderson emac at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jun 28 14:31:01 PDT 2003

RH9 --  Network cards

3COM -- 3C905/B/C; D-Link -- DFE-530/+; Realtek -- RTL8029, RTL8139,
RTL8139C+, RTL8169; IntelÑEtherExpress Pro 100/1000; Netgear -- FA310TX,
FA311TX; Linksys -- LNE100TX; Silicon Integrated Systems -- SiS900;
Intel -- DE4x5/Tulip series; GigE -- Broadcom Tigon3, Intel e1000,
NatSemi NS83820, Realtek RTL8169 VIA - Rhine

FYI: Red Hat Linux Hardware Compatibility List at
http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/

The below info pertains to booting from floppies to perform an install:

Red Hat Linux 9 uses a different boot diskette layout than previous releases of Red Hat Linux. There is now a single boot
diskette image file (bootdisk.img) that is used to boot all systems requiring a boot diskette.

If you are performing anything other than an installation from an IDE or USB device, you will be asked to insert a driver diskette created
from one of the following image files:

- drvnet.img - For network installations

- drvblock.img - For SCSI installations

- pcmciadd.img - For PCMCIA installations

As with previous releases of Red Hat Linux, these image files can be found in the images/ directory on the first installation CD.