[luau] dhcpd.conf setup

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue Jun 24 21:36:01 PDT 2003

Ho'ala Greevy wrote:
> howzit Charles,
>

> I've run into this problem before.  even though you only have eth0, you
> need to tell dhcpd about it.  Best way to do it is via /etc/init.d/dhcpd.
> In that file, look for a line that looks like:
> daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd ${DHCPDARGS}
>

> Go ahead and append eth0 to it, like so:
>
> daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd ${DHCPDARGS} eth0
>

> then restart dhcpd service --> /sbin/service dhcpd restart
>
> ---
> hope that helps,
> Ho'ala

That's very odd given the error message he has.  It was a very specific message
stating that it saw a subnet it hadn't been told about.  Normally this is a
result of having multiple NICs in the system (such as internet gateways) where
DHCP is only supposed to be run on one NIC.  It can also result from teh rathar
odd, but not unheard of, situation where IPs in different subnets are assigned
to the same NIC.

It's certainly worth a shot to do this, but if this is the actual problem I'd
venture to say there's a bug in the DHCP daemon if none of the other things I
mentioned are true.

--MonMotha