[luau] Re: HOSEF Logo

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Tue Jun 24 09:31:01 PDT 2003

Wayne Maeda wrote:

> Also, why weren't these logos created with an open source program instead of
> Adobe Illustrator? I know it's a minor point (or is it?) but I'm just
> curious.

Because the volunteer member who has been kind enough to organize and
drive the logo campaign is new to Linux and only has one computer at
home.  He uses it for professional purposes as well as for our volunteer
ventures.  I suppose that he has to use what he is comfortable with.

The thing to focus on is not that it was created with a closed source
product but rather that it was created by a volunteer, for free, to help
our cause called HOSEF.  Everyone was invited to make and submit a logo
with the software of their choice.  He just happened to actually do it.

--scott