[luau] Electronics design program for linux

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sat Jun 21 21:27:01 PDT 2003

Eric Hattemer wrote:
> Anyone know of a good electronics design program for linux?  Preferably
> free and preferably able to netlist and export to an FPGA?  Berkeley had
> a thing called ptolemy, but I'm not sure what it is and can't compile it...

The following are apt searches of the debian testing tree for the ppc

gotta love debian

apt-cache search circuit yields

acs - Al's Circuit Simulator -- dummy package
avrp - Programmer for Atmel AVR microcontrollers
chipmunk-log - a circuit schematic capture tool and simulation environment.
circ-tex - A LaTeX package to typeset circuit and optics diagrams
electric - electrical CAD system
gael - Gnome application for electrical circuits
gerbv - Gerber file viewer for PCB design
gnucap - GNU Circuit Analysis package.
gpsim - Simulator for Microchip's PIC microcontrollers
gtkwave - a VCD (Value Change Dump) file waveform viewer
icom - Software control for ICOM radios
ksimus - KDE tool for simulating electrical circuits
libresid-dev - C++ library emulating the SID chip (development)
libresid2c102 - C++ library emulating the SID chip (runtime)
oregano - GNOME application for schematic capture of electrical circuits
pcb - Printed Circuit Board Design Program
python-pyorbit - A Python language binding for the ORBit2 CORBA
implementation
python2.2-pyorbit - A Python language binding for the ORBit2 CORBA
implementation
python2.3-pyorbit - A Python language binding for the ORBit2 CORBA
implementation
tkgate - Event driven digital circuit simulator with Tcl/Tk
xcircuit - Draw circuit schematics or almost anything
xpilot - Multi-player tactical game for X
xpilot-client-common - Common files for XPilot clients
xpilot-client-nas - Client (with nas sound support) for XPilot
xpilot-client-nosound - Client (without sound support) for XPilot
xpilot-client-rplay - Client (with rplay sound support) for XPilot
xpilot-extra - Sounds, maps, utilities and configs for XPilot
xpilot-server - Server for hosting XPilot games
xsmc-calc - Smith Chart calculator for X

apt-cache search electronics yields

gael - Gnome application for electrical circuits
geda - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software
geda-doc - Documentation for GNU EDA -- Electronics design software
geda-gnetlist - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- netlister
geda-gschem - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- schematic editor
geda-gsymcheck - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- symbol checker
geda-symbols - Symbols for GNU EDA -- Electronics design software
geda-utils - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- utilities
libgeda-dev - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- development files
libgeda-doc - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- development
documentation
libgeda18 - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- library files

and apt-cache search netlist yields

geda-gnetlist - GNU EDA -- Electronics design software -- netlister
verilog - Icarus verilog compiler