[luau] HOSEF Moves

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Sat Jun 14 18:34:00 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 11:19:34AM -1000, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> If Warren is there, I would also ask him to set up access to
> his Fedora site in at least one of the systems. Installing rpms
> is becoming an increasing pain. I have quite a few friends
> pointing me to Warren's Fedora site, but most locals are not
> aware of it.

The systems are installed with apt and are using the Fedora
repository to handle package installations and upgrades. We
might need a local Fedora mirror if there are to be frequent
reinstallations because I managed to crash the firewall with
only _two_ systems updating at once.

> Since your machines already have Win2K installed, doing dual
> booting should be very straightforward. If, in the future, you
> need to play with GRUB, let me know, I can be of some help.

Well, the catch was to keep the existing Win2K installation
intact. We [temporarily] removed swap, defragmented the drive,
and used the Mandrake installer to reclaim some space for the
Red Hat install.

I am hoping Michael will have some budget next year to be able to
purchase a copy of Ghost and Partition Magic.

> Wayne

Welcome back to the list.

-Vince