[luau] Help needed at McKinley

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Jun 12 02:29:01 PDT 2003

What a day it has been. The lab is really coming along now. I want to thank
Ted and Alex for coming down to help work on the lab. Ted being quite the
hard-worker really set the place straight, there is a good plan in place
for the lab. With this up coming lab, there are really interesting ideas
brewing.

There is still a good deal of work to be done. We have 2 very important
projects to complete by Saturday. We need someone who is good with Red Hat.
The first project is to install Red Hat on 11 computers we have in our
smaller lab for classes that are coming up. It needs to dual boot between
Win2K and Red Hat, but default booting to Win2K. The second project is to
install Red Hat on 10 computers in our other lab in a special way. It needs
to boot from a floppy instead of a boot partition or the MBR. If you have
the time to come down and help I'd really appreciate it.

The community support has been wonderful. This is our first time running
Linux Classes and there have been quite a few bumps in the road along the
way. However, things are beginning to get smoothed out now. This session is
a good start and I expect the next session to be even better. Please be
patient as we are learning and growing these classes into what we hope will
be a strong community resource. As an Adult Community School we are
committed to lifelong learning.

Thank you.

Michael Bishop
Technology Coordinator