[luau] Help needed at McKinley

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Jun 10 22:28:01 PDT 2003

We need help to setup our lab, we have the room, the computers are there.
Now we need help setting it up. Personally I am just learning Linux, so I
really can't do much technical work, but I know what is possible and we
have a plan.

In parnership with HOSEF we plan to run HOSEF sponsored Linux classes in
this and our other labs.

Plan of attack:
Lab 1 - new lab, nothing setup
 - Setup the layout of the room
 - Place computers on tables
 - Partner the monitor and box together
 - Create and layout network cables
 - Update Mandrake
Lab 2 - computers setup, need to setup dual boot between Red Hat and Win2K
 - Install Red Hat 9
 - On startup default to Windows.

Lab 2 needs to setup by Monday. Lab 1 needs to be setup by June 30.

Here's my schedule of when I'll be at McKinley Community School
 - Tomorrow, Wednesday, from 9am - 5pm, but I'll stay until 9pm if someone
is willing to come in.
 - Thursday, 9am - 3pm
 - Friday, 9am - 5pm, but I'll stay until 9pm if someone is willing to come
in.
 - Saturday, 9am - 5pm, I'll be doing a workshop, but I can open up and
answer questions.

So I know when to expect you and to make sure I am on campus, please give
me a call on my cell, 429-3030.

Thank you.

Michael