[luau] PostgreSQL Replication/Clustering solution

Takuya Nakayama takuya at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 10 18:11:01 PDT 2003

Thanks for your reply, Vikram and Deven.

I do not really know the good source to study.  Also I understand yet the
concept of "load balancer" and "SQL proxy".  I assume "load balancer" can be
used for client computer to check the working SQL servers or switching
servers.  And the "SQL proxy" can be worked as replicate the SQL database
between the servers.

I'm planning to do while primary SQL database is working on server#1, I
would like to back up the database to the secondly server (server#2).
Client computers are usually connecting to the server#1.  However if
server#1 fails to run the SQL databases, all the client computers may
seamlessly switch to the server#2 to continue working.  Also after server#1
recovered the PostgreSQL database, somehow I may want to automatically
retrieve the data from the server#2.  Then client computers switch back to
read from the server#1 again.

However, if "load balancer" and "SQL proxy" could allowing to run the two
PostgreSQL database computers at the same time, and the two servers working
as an identically same database, and client computers can be connect to both
servers at the same time.  I think it would be better replication and
clustering solution.

Please let me know about "load balancer" and "SQL proxy" on PostgreSQL
server.

Best regards,

Takuya