[luau] Donations Needed for Server Upgrades

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Jul 26 22:13:01 PDT 2003

Dear Community,

Donations Needed for Videl Server
---------------------------------
videl.ics.hawaii.edu is our server graciously hosted by the University
of Hawaii ICS Department supporting several local and international
community service projects.  We are in need for your donations to make
possible much needed server upgrades to continue to serve the needs of
the community.  Here is a list of hardware that we need to buy:

* (Critical) Several large IDE hard drives and 3Ware RAID controller.
* (Important) Rackmount case in order to save space in the server room.
* (Important) New motherboard, processors and RAM.

Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation
http://www.hosef.org/donation.html
501(c)(3) charitable group, your donations are tax deductible.
Paypal donations are the most convenient, although please contact me
directly at warren at togami.com if you wish to donate using a different
method.

Several of the Projects Hosted at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
1) Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation
http://www.hosef.org
Advocacy, community outreach and support of Open Source Software,
helping Hawaii's schools while promoting technological economic growth
and fair market competition in Hawaii.

2) Fedora Linux Project
http://www.fedora.us
International volunteer team of software developers building a
repository of high quality RPM packages for Red Hat Linux.  Use Fedora
to install many software titles on your Red Hat Linux installation
quickly and easily.
While the Fedora Linux project has been a success, our continued growth
has put a strain on the disk capacity of our servers so we are seriously
in need of upgrades.

3) Open Source Software Mirror
ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu
The only Open Source Software mirror in Hawaii distributes community
driven software quickly and easily to Hawaii's community, while serving
many from nearby Asia and Australia.  With your donations we can greatly
expand our mirror capacity to include more OSS projects and better serve
our community.

4) MonMotha's IPTables Firewall
http://monmotha.mplug.org/firewall/
Free, simple and easy to configure firewall for Linux Netfilter for your
home or office.

5) Jim Breen's Online Japanese Dictionary
http://wwwjdic.ics.hawaii.edu/
Mirror of Jim Breen of Monash University's excellent online Japanese
dictionary.  Especially useful to our community because of our
University's excellent Japanese language department and our state's
unique location between Japan and America.

6) Macromedia Flash for Linux RPMS
http://macromedia.mplug.org/
Official distribution of Macromedia Flash RPMS for x86 Linux.
apt, yum, urpmi repositories available

7) Linux on Presario 900 Community List
http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mailman/listinfo/linuxpresario900
Community discussion of Linux on the Compaq Presario 900 series (and
other Athlon + Radeon IGP laptops).

8) University of Hawaii Band
http://www.uhband.hawaii.edu/

Thanks,