[luau] What's the deal with SCO Unix?

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Wed Jul 23 09:33:01 PDT 2003

Guess I hit the "Send" key before I had a chance to review it.  (I'm
sure no one has committed this cardinal sin before.)  The second
paragraph should read:

> (SCO is in the brink of bankruptcy, no one will be interested in going
> after it.  Suppose you win, so what?  But there is a well established
> legal tool called "piercing the corporate veil", which allows
> plaintiffs to seek damages against individuals and third party
> corporations that use the corporation as a personal instrument.  And
> if we are talking about Mr. Bill Gates being the main potential
> culprit--does anyone believe that Microsoft is not behind the SCO soap
> opera? then the pocket is very deep.)

Third party corporations can also be targets of the "piercing the
corporate veil" action.

Wayne