[luau] Shorewall and draksec issues

Mike Sonstegard mikesonstegard at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 11:55:01 PDT 2003

Brian,

I have encountered this problem with a few installs of Mandrake 9.0 & 9.1
and found that the lockup/lockout situation was due to the fact that I was
using KDE as my desktop manager at the time. I got around problem by logging
in as root with ICEWM and then set the security in Mandrake Control Center
to a lower level. I was then able to go back to KDE and resume normal
administration. Hope this helps!

Mike