[luau] Shorewall and draksec issues

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon Jul 7 11:14:00 PDT 2003

I'm trying to use shorewall (aka draksec) on a mandrake 9.0 workstation.
I've upped the security rating too high (can't get to some stuff) so am
trying to bring it down now. The program gives me a dialog box saying
"please wait...setting security level" but never comes back....it also seems
to be sucking up EVERYTHING the system has...can't open anything, nor can I
do a normal shutdown.

Anyone got advise on draksec? Or should I just move back to firestarter for
a GUI firewall configure tool....(need something easy for user desktops).

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311