[luau] My Experience With Linux

demon_jr808 demon_jr808 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 13:49:00 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,

For anyone that is interested, here is my background with Linux.

My own experiences with Linux mainly involve working with the UNIX shell account at UH. I only know the very basics of the shell: how to change directories, create files, set permissions, etc.

I've only installed Linux once a few years ago, the distribution being Redhat 5.2 on an old 486 system. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, however I was only able to run Linux with just a shell since the Hard Drive did not have enough space to install the GUI. I didn't stick with it long though, since I really had no idea what to do with the machine after Linux was on it. I ended up reformating the hard drive and re-partioning it for Windows.

Anyways, I hope to hear more from everyone and look forward to being a part of this community.

Thanks!