[luau] Greetings

demon_jr808 demon_jr808 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:49:00 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,

I am a somewhat newbie to Linux, but I want to learn more. Since I live in Hawaii, I figured this list would be a good place to start.

Hopefully, someone here can help me answer this question.

I am considering purchasing the following laptop and installing Linux on it:

Toshiba Satellite Pro T2150CDT
486/75mhz
8mb ram
700mb hard drive

I am unsure what distribution of Linux to install on it and how difficult the install process would actually be.

I want to use the laptop as a learning ground for Linux as well as a place to create simple web pages, so I assume I would need some kind of graphical interface as well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated and I look forward to hearing from the Linux community in Hawaii.

Thanks!