[luau] Solaris Questions for Mililani High School

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Jan 8 00:54:00 PST 2003

Warren,

I might be able to help out on Thur with the Sun stuff.  I have serial
cables and even have the straight through RJ45 cable with 9 and 25 pin
adapters.

I have never used Solaris 9, but in past versions, the default PATH is read
from /etc and the file for the shell you are using.

/etc/profile for Bourne and Korn shell
/etc/.login for C Shell

As for Raid, I did a quick search and found that Solaris 9 comes with
Solaris Volume Manager (http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/806-6111).

I have never done SunRays, but Sandi said they are very easy and we can
call her if we need to.  http://docs-pdf.sun.com/806-7711-10/806-7711-10.pdf

Later,
Dusty
779-4077